Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tadpoles In A Swimming Pool

I had two ways to deal with my frozen shoulders, work less or workout more. I chose the second option and got myself a membership in an Olympic size swimming pool run by the Town. I have at best been an unwilling swimmer. There was a pool at school aeons ago, and I remember drinking most of its water the first time I tried my hands at swimming. I knew it was time to drink some municipal water as well and I was game. It has been over a month since I have been swimming. I drink less of water these days and keep observing the people splashing around. There are the kids, most less that 7 or 8 years of age and they streak through the pool like tadpoles, they are all around, and had our mouths been a little more accommodative, us adults would have actually swallowed a couple of them accidentally and no one would have known, they are so small and all over!

Then there are the frogs, the experienced swimmers who keep their head down in the water most of the time and float around like large toads. Every once in a while I would see strange eyes behind diving gogs staring at me, before they vanished under water again.

Finally, there are the hippos, the healthy (seriously healthy I would say) swimmers who wade around the water in slow motion. Every time one dived into the water, the tadpoles, the frogs and Rajesh Kumar would make way for them. It was surreal, majestic, until the tadpoles re-infested lost space.

I love the time I spend at the pool, the camaraderie, the bonhomie and of course loads of water to drink is all part of the little dose of community that I get in my life. The hot looking moms add to the general chaos as well!

5 comments:

  1. I think a public swimming pool is one of the most convivial places on earth. I miss the days when my daughter was young and we spent so many happy hours there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more
    of your fantastic post. Also, I've shared your site in my social networks!

    My webpage :: Swimming STrokes - -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit. Will check out the link.

      Delete