Saturday, May 14, 2011

Weeds In My Garden

It feels like yesterday when you were with me. The clear skin glowing through your sleeveless green churidar was a sight for sore eyes. The silken spread of your hair would let through glitters of sunshine from the window sills, you smelled of fresh jasmines on a warm winter night. It was only yesterday that I breathed you in, only yesterday, it seems, that I could bathe in your nearness, your presence. I wish I had told you, when there was still time, how much you brightened up my dreary life, how you used to slow down time for me, how you used to fill more of life, in every second you were with me.

Its has been a long time since I went out on a walk, long time since I have looked out of window sills and longer still since I have seen a sunrise. Everything, reminds me of you.

2 comments:

  1. Rajesh,
    Amazing writing... It's easy to relate to the sentiments... the longing, the hope barely expressed. Thanks for this writing. By the way, what is the painting?
    Jerral

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the lines Jerral. The painting looked quite apt for the theme at that point of time :)

    ReplyDelete