Thursday, September 1, 2011

More Time Please

When I was younger, the wheels of time used to spin slower. The whirring was not as clear and as urgent as when I crossed my 30s. Now nearing the 40s, the spin seems crazy and loud. I am worried that I might gobble up time at a faster rate than I can digest. I liked it slower. There is so much that remains undone!

Like a Kite tightly held captive to the ground I have been flying but have always had a constrained flight. I am yet to break free. Yet to be blown by winds of destiny. I need time for that strong draft of wind to blow my way, blow me away.

4 comments:

  1. ...and the imagery in this writing is even more powerful than in the last one. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. More time please. This is also what my mom told me so. She want to live more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. agree time has learn to fly so fast now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time does pass faster as you age. I guess the more obligations we have and the less time we're able to spend "smelling the roses" if you will, we find time passing us by.

    ReplyDelete