Thursday, March 29, 2012

You walk with me

Dear friend, 

I know you have been busy living your life. I know that in your busy living, you find little time to think about all those people who might think fondly of you. Ever so often, when the clutter of living reaches a crescendo, I take a hike into myself. I close my shop and go into my gullies and basements, I move into my dimly lit attics to collect the best of my memories… and gather strength from them. Wherever I go within myself, I find you there. I hear your voice, sometimes a crib, sometimes laughter and at times your favorite holler that used to bring down the house. I see your face, smiling at me through photographs and mirrors. I see you smiling at yourself, and I see you everywhere.

The roads of our lives are winding. It is difficult to figure out all those alternate destinies that each of our turns have in store for us. Remember, of the millions who tread their lonely lives home all over the world, there is one who never treads alone. It is I. I tread my life with you. You walk with me in my silences; you help me fight the noise of everyday living.

Thank You.

1 comment:

  1. Rajesh, I'm glad to see you back on-line. I especially like this writing. It's makes much more sense than my "Shoes" bit... I like it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete