Saturday, May 12, 2012

Forever

How long will you live Raj?

Forever Princess.

No really, how long will you live?

I was serious the first time babe, I will live forever.

Dog you are, can't you give a straight answer?

I did. You remember the time my grandma died, a part of me died with her. I know that I will never ever get over that loss. And then when I thought really hard about what I was going through, I realized something very important. I realized that every time I lose someone dear to me, a part of me dies as well. I know that in this long road to death, parts of me will die along the way. By the time they put me to fire, there will be very little of me left to burn ;-)

But you said you will live for ever?

I did. My grandma lives for as long as there remains a soul in my family who remembers fondly of her, and then she lives in the stories I will tell my children and my grandchildren.
For as long as they who love me live
For so long shall I too.

I love you Raj, do you?

I do Princess.

And you will tell your children about me?

I will, I promise.

Raj,... Then I too shall live forever?

Yes my love, you too shall live forever.
Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment