- It is difficult to read other people’s minds.
- It is difficult to comprehend me as other people see me.
- What I think I know of others is an older version; the file keeps getting updated quite frequently.
- Most assumptions that I make in relationships are conditional. Sometimes I believe that I am important in the other person’s life, most times, I believe that I am not.
- Either of the beliefs does not really matter, since I know neither for sure.
- My assumptions are based on my life’s transactions with the other person. The higher the sharing of thoughts, laughter and worries, the closer I believe I am to the other.
- The absence of affection, care, and physical touch makes me believe that I am not important. I need to be touched to believe.
- I conveniently interpret silences in relationships as key indicators to absence of love.
- I have been often been wrong in my interpretations.
- Love is rarely reciprocated. Most times, we end up loving people who would not love us in return.
- Sometimes, the people we love them have their own love un-returned.
- Once I grew up, I rarely made a friend.
- You never know who will attract you and for how long. Sometime, some attractions last a month, but the longings linger on a life time.
- Sometimes, some relationships last a life time, but there is no real attraction, just adjustments.
- Happiness is not a normal state of being. Thoughts of happiness are.
- Sadness is not a normal state of being, loneliness is.
- Laughter is more alluring than tears. Years later, when everything else is forgotten, laughter remains etched in our memories.
- Tears of those you love hurt you just as much.
- The need for personal space is inversely proportionate to the need to be together. The more you feel like being together, the less space you require for yourself.
- It is impossible to reciprocate each person’s feeling in a similar manner.
Saturday, April 24, 2010
20 Relationship Facts from My Life
It takes a long time to make sense of relationships. Sometimes I feel that it is well nigh impossible to make sense at all. I list some of the greatest mysteries that exist between human relationships:
Posted by Rajesh at 11:12 AM