Sunday, August 11, 2013

Dream On!

I am a traveling salesman. All my life, I have sold ordinary stuff, but not before carefully wrapping them in mystical weaves of svelte velvet dreams. I have heard the best of stories from one shore, added a wee bit of my own and sold it to the other shores. This will never end. I have a million more. There have always been people who stopped to listen. Always people who have waited with silent anticipation, hoping that the story teller would come their way, and amidst his tales, sell them some stupid stuff as well. In me they heard their own voices, mine was muted, I never had a story of my own. And as I grew older, I learned the kind of stories that people love to hear. Those were no stories of fairies and gnomes, these were stories of ordinary lives, everyday people like you and me, fighting over every day issues, and winning! For the drab life that they lived, they wanted me to make them believe in an alternate life. From the yesterdays that they remembered, and the today they consumed, they wanted me to make them believe that their tomorrows will be different! Tomorrow, their dreams would come true!

I know that you still believe in Jackpots, I know that you still believe in GOD. I know that you believe that some day some one will touch your life in a way that will make you smile and tickle you from insides. Until that day, you have me, and you have my stories. For every dream that you buy, there is also this little truth that I sell. Dream on.

1 comment: