Thursday, August 1, 2013

Parents

Parents are probably the greatest gift God gave to children. As I grow older, I closely observe my parents and their role in my life. Even in their sixties, they relentlessly continue to make sacrifices for me that are very difficult for me to fully comprehend. It is maybe because I do not have a child or a partner of my own.

My ma misses her evening serial so that my rotis are ready. My dad catches an auto so that I can travel by his airconditioned car. The list of small things they do for me everyday is endless. They continue to surprise me by pushing the boundaries of sacrifice for me. And to imagine that it started 39 years ago and continues unabated to this day is an humbling experience.

When lord Ganesha and lord Karthik were asked to make a quick round the world trip, Karthik promptly flew away on his peacock, hoping to win the race. Lord Ganesha was a step ahead. He quickly took a round of where his parents were sitting. Thereby, winning the race.a

1 comment:

  1. That's a great story. We nearly don't give parents enough credit for all that they do for us.

    ReplyDelete